Platelet Rich Plasma Rejuvenation
Description of treatment:
This treatment involves the collection of your blood (approximately 10 – 16ml), then your blood is spun down using a centrifuge to separate out the plasma and platelet portion using the ‘Regen gel’ as a special filter. The PRP portion of your blood is then injected back into your skin to stimulate new collagen production, and to re-energise your cells into rejuvenating themselves. The product injected is 100% your own blood by-product (autologous).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask your physician or nurse.
What is PRP?
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma which is blood plasma containing a high concentration of platelets, also known as thrombocytes. PRP can help regenerate and revitalise damaged skin, reduce fine lines and improve skin texture.
What is Regen PRP®?
Regen PRP® is a world leading system for the preparation of PRP developed by RegenLab of Switzerland. Regen PRP® is an approved system that has been used to successfully treat fine lines worldwide since 2008.
How does it work?
Direct injection of Regen PRP® into the skin supports and helps accelerate the process of tissue regeneration and repair.
Regen PRP® contains fundamental growth factors released by activated platelets to help initiate the tissue regeneration process by:
• Stimulation of new collagen production
• Induction of mesenchymal stem cell division and differentiation
• Stimulation of angiogenesis, the formation of new blood vessels
What does the treatment involve?
Preparing Regen PRP® is a quick and easy process.
Blood is collected from you in 1-2 specially designed tubes which are then centrifuged for 5-10 minutes. During centrifugation, a patented gel within the tubes isolates PRP from other unrequired cells within the blood.
Regen PRP® is then ready for application. Depending on the indication, it can be applied:
• As multiple small superficial injections
• As deeper injections using a type of blunt needle called a cannula
• Topically in combination with other treatments
Is it safe?
Because Regen PRP® uses your own blood, the risk of immunological reactions or contamination with transmissible diseases is eliminated.
Is it right for me?
Talk to your skin care specialist to see if Regen PRP is right for you
Regen PRP® is suitable for:
• Tired and dry skin, laxity of skin, uneven pigmentation
• Signs of skin ageing
• Overall texture and tone improvement
• Certain types of alopecia or general hair thinning
• People who may experience risk of allergic reactions from other treatments
• People looking for a natural treatment
Results of Regen PRP® treatment:
• Improved skin colour, elasticity, tone and thickness
• Remodelling of the collagen fibres
• Long-term smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles
Faster healing following aesthetic treatments e.g.
laser skin treatment and dermal needling